Accelerate Your Career
You chose a career in education because you want to make a difference in the lives of students.
The University of North Texas can help you take that commitment to excellence one step further. Our accelerated online master’s in Educational Leadership and accelerated online Texas Principal Certification programs will inspire you with new ideas and open doors to opportunities. The programs emphasize current theory and research to inform educational leaders as they make decisions regarding positive school culture, effective teaching practices, and student achievement.
Our accelerated online Texas Principal Certification program focuses on the skills required for campus-level and central office administration. We help prepare candidates for the Texas Examination of Education Standards (TExES) for Principal Certification.
Earn your Texas Principal Certification in less than one year!
Does your busy lifestyle prevent you from pursuing your career goals?
Our accelerated online program is the solution.
- Convenient. Participate online. Anytime. Anywhere.
- Flexible. Mostly 8-week courses with 5 available start dates.
- Affordable. About $1,100 per course for Texas residents– an excellent value.
- Manageable. You can take one or two courses at a time.
- Respected. All Teacher Education programs in the College of Education are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
How do these programs advance my career?
M.Ed. in Educational Leadership is perfect for:
- Educators seeking advancement as administrators in schools, school districts or other educational institutions
- Classroom teachers who may not be seeking administrative positions but who want to assume other kinds of leadership roles
Texas Principal Certification:
- Educators seeking advancement as principals in Texas schools
- Master's degree holders seeking Texas principal certification
How does it work?
- The 30-hour M.Ed. program requires 10 Educational Leadership courses, all administered in a flexible online format.
- The 21-hour Principal Certification program requires seven Educational Leadership courses, all administered in a flexible online format.
- Our courses have five available start dates annually: January, March, June, August and October.
- Each program session is either eight weeks or 10 weeks long, except for the internship.
- If you take two courses each session, you can earn your master’s in Educational Leadership or Principal Certification in12 months.
- If you already hold a master's degree, you can enroll in the seven-course Principal Certification track.
Don’t delay! The next session starts March 19.
Give Your Career the Green Light: The UNT Difference
Accelerated online master's in education program ranked 5th in the nation as most affordable by CollegeValuesOnline.com.
Online graduate education program ranked 1st in Texas and 4th in the nation by U.S. News & World Report