Our accelerated online program is the solution.
- Convenient. Log in at any time from any place.
- Flexible. 8-week courses with 5 available start dates.
- Affordable. About $1,000 for per course for Texas residents– an excellent value for a master’s degree.
- Adaptable. Master's degree holders can earn Principal Certification without earning a second master's degree.
- Manageable. You can take one or two courses at a time.
- Respected. All Teacher Education programs in the College of Education are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
How does this program advance my career? This program is a perfect fit for:
- Educators seeking advancement as administrators in schools, school districts or other educational institutions
- Classroom teachers who may not be seeking administrative positions but who want to assume other kinds of leadership roles
- Master's degree holders seeking principal certification
How does it work?
- The 30-hour M.Ed. program requires 10 Educational Administration courses, all administered in a flexible online format.
- Our 8-week courses have five available start dates annually: January, March, June, August and October.
- Each program session is only eight weeks long.
- If you take two courses each session, you can earn your master's in Educational Leadership in as little as one year.
- If you already hold a master's degree, you can enroll in the eight-course Principal Certification track, plus internship.